|6th Pacific-Rim Symposium on Image and Video Technology
October 28th - November 1st, 2013. Guanajuato, México.
The sixth Pacific-Rim Symposium on Image and Video Technology (PSIVT 2013) has been held in Guanajuato, México, from October 28th to November 1st, 2013.
PSIVT provides a forum for presenting and exploring the newest research and development in image and video technology by discussing the possibilities and directions in this field, and a place where both academic research and industrial activities are presented and meet for mutual benefit. It invites researchers, artists, developers, educators, performers, and practitioners of image and video technology from the Pacific Rim and around the world.
The PSIVT 2013 proceedings of the main conference and workshops will be published by Springer-Verlag as volumes 8333 and 8334 in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science collection.
Selected and extended papers, such as the award winning papers, will be invited to be published in a Journal Publication to be announced soon.
High-quality contributions from prospective authors were solicited in all aspects of image and video technology including, but not limited to:
- Imaging and Graphics Hardware and Visualization
- Image/Video Coding and Transmission
- Image/Video Processing and Analysis
- Image/Video Retrieval and Scene Understanding
- Applications of Image and Video Technology
- Biomedical Image Processing and Analysis
- Biometrics and Image Forensics
- Computational Photography and Arts
- Computer and Robot Vision
- Pattern Recognition
- Video Surveillance
All papers were subject to a double-blind review process which was be carried out by at least three experienced researchers in the field, supervised by area chairs, also including a brief rebuttal at the end of the decision process. (As a guide: Previous issues of PSIVT all had an acceptance rate of about 40 percent.) Details on paper submission can be found in the authors page.
The best IAPR-PSIVT paper prize was awarded to:
|"Wide-baseline Dense Feature Matching for Endoscopic Images"|
|Puerto-Souza, Gustavo (University of Texas at Arlington)|
Mariottini, Gian-Luca (University of Texas at Arlington)
The best student paper prize was awarded to:
|"Joint Dictionary and Classifier learning for Categorization of Images using a Max-margin Framework"|
|Löbel, Hans (Pontificia
U. Católica de Chile)|
(Pontificia U. Católica de Chile)
René (Johns Hopkins University)
Domingo (Pontificia U. Católica de
- (28 Nov) - The next PSIVT conference will be held in Auckland, New Zealand in 2015. Set your agenda!
- (14 Oct) - We have 25 registration scholarships for professors from Guanajuato Undergraduate Level Institutions. To apply for these scholarships please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before October 23 stating your name, institution and motivation to attend the conference.
- (28 Sept) - Due to technical problems with the demo submission mail, deadline for the Demo session has been extended. New deadline is October 4th.
- (23 Sept) - Early bird registration has been extended to October, 2nd!
- (29 Aug) - Deadline for the Demo session has been extended! New deadline is September 27th.
- (20 Aug) - Deadline for the workshops on Quality assessment and control by image and video analysis (QACIVA) and Photographic Aesthetics and Non-Photorealistic Rendering (PAESNPR) have been extended to August 30th. Deadline for the workshop Geometric properties from incomplete data (GPID) has been extended to August 31st.
- (09 Aug) - Deadline for the workshop on Photographic Aesthetics and Non-Photorealistic Rendering has been extended! New deadline is on August 20th.
- (06 Aug) - A Facebook page of the conference has been launched. Please follow it to see the most recent conference happenings!
- (28 June) - Tutorial submission deadline has been extended! New deadline is August 16th.
- (28 June) - Submission site will stay open for updates until July 7th.
- (07 June) - Paper submission deadline has been extended! New (firm) deadline is June 29th.
- (15 May) - PSIVT2013's Workshops have been announced.
- (08 May) - Aeroméxico announces a discount for PSIVT'2013 participants through its call centers and ticket offices. More information in our traveling information site.
- (03 May) - Submission site is now open.
- (18 Apr) - A special workshop on Geometric Computation for Computer Vision to celebrate the contibutions of Professor Kenichi Kanatani will take place during PSIVT on October 29th, 2013. More information can be found at the Workshop's web site.
- (28 Feb) - First call for demos is available to download.
- (26 Jan) - First call for papers is available to download.
- (26 Jan) - First call for workshops is available to download.
- (26 Jan) - First call for tutorials is available to download.