|6th Pacific-Rim Symposium on Image and Video Technology
October 28th - November 1st, 2013. Guanajuato, México.
The sixth Pacific-Rim Symposium on Image and Video Technology (PSIVT 2013) will be held in Guanajuato, México, from October 28th to November 1st, 2013.
PSIVT provides a forum for presenting and exploring the newest research and development in image and video technology by discussing the possibilities and directions in this field, and a place where both academic research and industrial activities are presented and meet for mutual benefit. It invites researchers, artists, developers, educators, performers, and practitioners of image and video technology from the Pacific Rim and around the world.
The PSIVT 2013 proceedings of the main conference and workshops will be published by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science collection.
Selected and extended papers, such as the award winning papers, will be invited to be published in a Journal Publication to be announced soon.
High-quality contributions from prospective authors are solicited in all aspects of image and video technology including, but not limited to:
- Imaging and Graphics Hardware and Visualization
- Image/Video Coding and Transmission
- Image/Video Processing and Analysis
- Image/Video Retrieval and Scene Understanding
- Applications of Image and Video Technology
- Biomedical Image Processing and Analysis
- Biometrics and Image Forensics
- Computational Photography and Arts
- Computer and Robot Vision
- Pattern Recognition
- Video Surveillance
All papers will be subject to a double-blind review process which will be carried out by at least two experienced researchers in the field, supervised by area chairs, also including a brief rebuttal at the end of the decision process. (As a guide: Previous issues of PSIVT all had an acceptance rate of about 40 percent.) Details on paper submission can be found in the authors page.
- (May 15th, 2013) - PSIVT2013's Workshops have been announced. Stay tuned for more details on each workshop.
- (May 8th, 2013) - Aeroméxico announces a discount for PSIVT'2013 participants through its call centers and ticket offices. More information in our traveling information site.
- (May 3rd, 2013) - Submission site is now open.
- (April 18th, 2013) - A special workshop on Geometric Computation for Computer Vision to celebrate the contibutions of Professor Kenichi Kanatani will take place during PSIVT on October 29th, 2013. More information can be found at the Workshop's web site.
- (Feb 28th, 2013) - First call for demos is available to download.
- (Jan 26th, 2013) - First call for papers is available to download.
- (Jan 26th, 2013) - First call for workshops is available to download.
- (Jan 26th, 2013) - First call for tutorials is available to download.