Requirements for International Visitors entering New Zealand
All overseas visitors are required to have a valid passport and,
with the exception of delegates from visa-free countries (please see below),
are required to have the appropriate visa. For information on obtaining a visa,
including necessary funds and health requirements,
please visit: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/visit/visitors/
We suggest that you allow for a minimum of 6 weeks to have your visa processed by Immigration New Zealand or the applicable New Zealand embassy or consulate in your country of residence.
Visa-free countries include:
|Brazil||Korea (South)||Slovak Republic|
|Denmark||Malta||United Arab Emirates|
|Estonia1||Mexico||United States of America7|
- A visa waiver does not apply to people travelling on alien's (non-citizen's) passports issued by these countries.
- Greek passport holders whose passports were issued on and after 1 January 2006. (Greek passports issued before 1 January 2006 are not acceptable for travel after 1 January 2007)
- Residents of Hong Kong travelling on Hong Kong Special Administrative Region or British National (Overseas) passports.
- Residents of Macau travelling on Macau Special Administrative Region passports.
- Portuguese passport holders must also have the right to live permanently in Portugal.
- Permanent residents of Taiwan travelling on Taiwan passports. A personal identity number printed within the visible section of the biographical page of the Taiwan passport demonstrates that the holder is a permanent resident of Taiwan.
- Including nationals of the USA.
*United Kingdom and Australia
British citizens and other British passport holders who produce evidence of the right to reside permanently in the UK can visit for up to six months without a visa.
Australian citizens and people who hold a current Australian permanent residence visa or a current Australian resident return visa do not need a New Zealand visa to enter New Zealand.
Transiting through Australia
If your flight has a stop-over in Australia, you may be required to obtain a transit visa. Please visit http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/visit/transit/austransit.htm or contact your nearest Australian Embassy for more information.
This information is courtesy of Immigration New Zealand and is valid from January 2015.
Letters of Invitation
Do you need a letter of invitation to visit New Zealand?
If you require a letter of invitation in order to secure a visitor visa, you must first register for PSIVT.
Once all fees have been paid, an email requesting a letter of invitation should be sent to the conference organiser at